Monday, April 27, 2009

Walgreens Rant

I am sorry it has been so long, but I have been busy with my other job-- finding homes for Foreign Exchange Students. By the way if anyone is so inclined I need hosts for my Chinese Program this summer from July 13th to August 2nd. The students attend school during the week and you can do 1, 2, or 3 weeks depending on your availability. Let me know!

Back to the bargains! Walgreens has some phenomenal bargains this week, so this morning I packed up my 3 little ones and went to get some freebies. They have done away with their Rebate catalog altogether, so now everything is done by Register Rewards-- somewhat like CVS's ecb system. I go into the store and get:
1 Rembrandt mouthwash $5.99 with $5.99 RRs,
1 Rembrandt toothpaste (same as the mouthwash),
2 bottles of Got2Be $10.00 with $5 RRs and 2 $2 off coupons (check my favorite blogs for the coupon),
1 Bayer Glucose Monitor $14.99 with mail in rebate and $5 RRs,
2 Nivea bodywashes for $4.99 with $4.99 RRs,
1 Colgate toothpaste (check the ad-- only specific ones are on sale) $4.49 with $4.49 RRs and 1 pack of Mentos gum.
I then do several transactions, so I can keep the cost to nothing or next to nothing-- here is the flaw in my plan and the system-- They haven't worked the kinks out yet. You see the manufacturer's pay for these coupons and some will give you an RR if you pay with an RR and some won't-- even if it is on a different product from a different company! It is a craps shoot if you will get your RRs if you paid RRs. It is very frustrating for you the customer and the employees. So, I spent 20+ minutes checking out with my 3 children all whining or screaming by the end. Are the deals worth it? I am not sure. All I can say is that I hope Walgreens fixes the system.

No comments:

Post a Comment